You've already seen my Easter dress, with the mysterious horizontal bodice wrinkle. The pattern is McCall's 6759 from 1963. I love the curved seams! The bow, not so much.
As you'll recall, I made my dress and my sister's dress for Easter. Even though I had to hustle to get it done, I took the time to do some nice details. I made a muslin of the bodice. The facings are interfaced and lined for a clean finish. I used dressmaker's tracing paper to transfer the curves for the bodice so I could make perfectly lapped seams. I even took a few photos during the process! There's an inside belt, lingerie straps (with tiny little snaps) at the shoulders, and a custom label. (More about the lovely label soon.) Hell, I even made a thread loop for a belt carrier in the back and a hidden snap to keep the buckle centered in front!
This should have been my best project ever. But no, somehow I managed to completely whiff on the bodice. I did a muslin! It was fine with my usual tweaks. It seemed fine in the fittings. Here's a crappy cell-phone-in-the-mirror pic for proof:
But when I actually wore it for Easter, the shoulders moved forward or the bust moved up or something, and I had a giant horizontal wrinkle across the chest. (That's in addition to all the usual wrinkles that are expected with linen.)
Now I want to make it again just to see what the hell went wrong. I've actually dreamed this dress in a lightweight denim with contrasting topstitching on the seams...and maybe a different skirt. With this style of skirt I always feel a little like it's saying "Here is my crotch, right here!" Maybe that's just me. Never mind.